Friday, February 19, 2010

Rain and Tears

In England it has been raining, snowing and cold, which I thought I left at home, but I guess the weather followed me here.

So since the Olympics are going on I have been wanting to watch them, but of course there is a EIGHT hour time difference, however, since I do not have classes on Friday's I decided that I wanted to see some figure skating last night. The downside to that was that it was on at 330 a.m. England time, but I took a nap from 100 a.m. until 330 a.m. with 3 of my other flatmates. It was great to see USA take Gold in Men's Figure Skating, however, it did not end until 5 a.m. England time, so I was rather tried today.

Today, I did some work, which I needed to get done and then I went to the Guild Hall, which is an inside market where vendors can sell their products like used books, sewing and knitting supplies, fresh fruits and veggies, coffee or tea, and various other things. I was going to walk around the city and go into some of the shops but it was to cold, but I think some of us are going out of Sunday around the city and perhaps to a museum.

You are probably wondering why the title of this post is rain and tears, well it is because I have been sad recently. It only hits me when I have free time and alone, like tonight, since I finished a majority of my work. I am trying not for this to hinder my fun that I am having in Bath because I am having a blast, but sometimes I just want to go home to something that I am familiar and comfortable with and be with my loved ones. However, I know that this is normal and most people go through this same thing at some point while being abroad so I just have to stick it out. I am going to try and stay strong, but I know those moments of tears running down my white face are going to happen. I hope the frequency of my tears will subside as my time in England progresses, but time will tell.

On a more exciting note I booked a trip to SCOTLAND with 4 other flatmates in April, which I am excited about. Plus, my dad is coming to visit me at the end of April into May, which will be nice. Then later in May I believe my mom and sister are coming to visit too, but I am not sure how long they are going to stay, however, I know they will be here to help me pack all my stuff up to move out of my flat. I hope I will be able to fit everything in my suitcases, but I do not need to think of that now because I have plenty of time left in England!

So tomorrow, Saturday, I will be attending my first Rugby game, which in the UK is a big thing. I will take pictures and of course write a post of my experience. Plus at the game I need to show off my new Bath Rugby shirt, so I bet you will see a lot of pictures of me in my shirt and everyone else that has the same shirt.

Well, I better get some rest tonight because well I need it, plus it is going to be a busy day tomorrow.

Love to all,
Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment