Monday, March 1, 2010

Where does time go?

One month I have been across the pond, One month since I left home until June, One month since I said my goodbyes to my loved ones, ONE MONTH! Where has the time gone?
However, I also feel like the time has gone by so slowly too. Sometimes the days go by so slowly but the weeks go by fast.

So since my last post some things have changed in my life, well that is partly due to the fact that my post was over a week ago, a lot can happen in a week!

So I went to my first Rugby game, and Bath Rugby won, yeah!

Here I am with some of my flatmates and the programs student helper.

After the Rugby game, which by the way it was really cold. I had two pairs of pants on, a tank top, a long sleeve shirt, a sweatshirt and the jersey and I was still cold. Anyways, we went to an Italian pizzeria place for dinner and it was so good, then we went next door to an Italian Gelato place, where I had a Nutella and banana crepe with chocolate and hazelnut gelato on the side, so good. That is a place I will go be going to again! (Mom and Andrea perhaps we can go)

I also since my last post have booked my spring break trip and you will never guess where I am going, no it is not Ireland, even though that is on my list of places to go. I am going to Africa, well actually Morocco, I never thought that I would be going there for Spring Break but I am super excited. I will be in Morocco for 4 days and then I am going to Spain for 5 days. In Morocco I will be in Marrakesh, which I believe we, meaning 5 other people and I are going to do a one night, two day trip in the desert. The best part is we get to ride camels while watching the sunset and then ride the camels again when the sun rises! I CAN'T WAIT!

In Spain, we are visiting Madrid for two days and then Barcelona for 3 days, I am not sure what we are doing there, but I bet we will find something to do. One thing I want to do is go to a beach, which I don't think anyone will object to!! I was shocked on how much cheaper it is here to travel, the amount of money I spent on tickets for Spring Break I do not think I could get the same kind of deal in the states. Therefore, I can spend more money on things for myself, sounds great to me!

On Friday, I went on a trip that the program sponsored to the Cotswolds. We first went to Broadway tower, which has no purpose expect that from the top you can see fourteen counties, but since it was a cloudy day we did not see that many. Then we took a 45 min walk down into town, just to let you know if was not a clean walk, we walked through the countryside where it was really muddy and I only have my sneakers on, not a good idea! Once we got into town we got back on the bus and went to another town, I do not remember the name of it, sorry. Then we went to a garden, now you might think why would someone plan a trip to go to a garden in February, but the flowers we saw only are around in the winter they are called snow droplets, I took pictures but I have not uploaded them yet, yes I know bad me! Then we came home, it was a nice trip and I got to see areas that I would probably not see on my own, plus it was nice to just do a day trip.

Well, now that I have updated you on my life in the past week I think I should go write some papers since I have two of them due next week and I want to enjoy my weekend. I promise that I will write more often and I am feeling much better living in England now. I think it helped that I wrote how I was feeling down and also the loving support I have received from everyone. I do believe that this is a place I should be now in my life it just took me some time to realize that. Plus, now I know that I have to keep myself busy so that I do not fall into that cycle every time I am not doing something. This does not mean that I do not miss everyone and that I am going to hold back my tears because I now I will have my days when I just have to let it all out. Okay well this is not getting my papers done, but I would rather be writing on my blog then doing papers, hehe!

Love to all,
Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment