Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Cardiff Wales and more

Here is my post that I promised and it is before the weekend even better! So Saturday I and a flatmate, Maggie, went to Cardiff, Wales for the day as noted below. It was a great day, not to cold and when the sun came out it was even nice enough to take our coats off. When we arrived in Cardiff we went to the tourist center, but it was no where near when the train or bus station was, which it would make sense to have it there. Any who we found out some things to do and then we were off to a National History museum of Cardiff, which was a little bit away from the city. The museum was an open air one (outside) which had buildings from long ago all in this one area, it was nice. I bought myself a present, fudge, it was so good, but I did actually buy myself something, a spoon for my collection, I hope to get a lot of spoons while I am traveling! After we left there we went back into the city and went to Cardiff Castle, but we did not want to pay 9 pounds to go on a tour, instead we walked around the outside of the castle. Then Maggie and I decided that we wanted to go shopping, which of course we did! By the time we were done shopping it was time for dinner, therefore we went to a pub and I got a steak which I have not had since leaving the states, lets just say I was in heaven while eating it! Then it was buy one dessert and get one free I bet you can guess that we got dessert. If anyone knows me well enough they would not be surprised that I got a 5 layer chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream, that was just as good as the steak. Enough talking about my yummy food, after that we went on a ghost tour in a Llandaff!

As soon as Maggie and I got there we latched arms and I said to her we were going to get to know each other very well tonight, which was true we did not let go the whole night! During the ghost tour I did not feel any ghost present, but in certain areas of the tour it got colder and we were not even near water one time, interesting! After the tour we headed back into the city and took the train back to Bath, by the time we got home, it is starting to feel like my home now, it was 1130 p.m., we were both so tired. I slept very well that night.
Cardiff Castle
On another note:
These past two weeks have been busy with school work, I have been writing papers, well two of them were English type papers for Jane Austen and Virginia Woolf and I have not written that kind of paper since high school so it was a little difficult, but I got through it and that is all that matters! I also had an education paper, but that was a little more interesting to me than the other two, but now that my papers are done I decided to treat myself, which only means that I went Shopping!!! I purchased some clothes, which now I have more of a variety in my limited wardrobe. Since I went shopping today I did not get a lot of work done, but I have this weekend since I only have one more class for the week!!
On the horizon for me: Oxford on Saturday, oh gosh I need to pack but laundry first, and then Spring Break thank goodness it is going to be a blast, plus all of my hostels are booked which is a relief to know that is done now. I can't wait to go to Morocco and Spain and of course do some shopping while there

Love to all,
Monica




No comments:

Post a Comment